Thursday, October 23, 2008

From the Godwin Cemetery Hill, Fincastle, VA 10/21/2008
































































In Fincastle, off Church Street and just next to and behind the Methodist Church, there is the Godwin Cemetery. From the hill in the cemetery the views are breathtaking. Monday night I drove up the hill on my way home (we usually walk but I was loosing light). While taking pictures of our home (The former Fincastle Baptist Church) I not only noticed that my zoom lens allowed me to see the American Flag we have on the bell tower, I can see the ghost Bob has hung for Halloween and you cannot even tell the building is on Main Street! Until you zoom in and the power lines appear, from this vantage point you would not think of the church being in a town at all! Fincastle church and Town Hall steeples are a symbol for the town. I have captured not only the former Baptist church (our home) I've also captured the Methodist Church and the Episcopal Church in one PIC, the Town Hall and the Presbyterian Church.

No comments: